Happy Monday! Welcome to my Scenes From the Week series. In these quick posts, I share the highlights from my week ranging from the simple, everyday things to the more memorable events.
This was a busy, busy week! Daniel and I both had to work long hours, but there was lots of fun and a lot of great things to celebrate this week. 🙂
(1) My husband’s birthday was Friday, so we celebrated by going to Salt Lick right after work. It was absolutely delicious!
(2) In preparation for our family party on Saturday, I picked up cupcakes from Capital City Bakery here in Austin. How cute are they? They tasted just as a great as they look. 🙂
(3) Saturday morning, we drove down to San Antonio to see my brother perform in the TMEA State Band. The music was beautiful! I was so proud! I’m so happy to be back in Texas so that we are able to go to events like these for and with family.
(4) After a fantastic enchilada lunch in San Antonio, we all drove up to Austin where everyone came to see our new apartment here and have a birthday party to celebrate my dad’s and my husband’s birthdays! My dad was excited to use his new selfie stick, so we all squeezed in for a picture.
- Daniel and I had a wonderful Valentine’s dinner at a local restaurant.
- We visited another church in Austin Sunday morning.
- We spent time working at a new favorite coffee shop with my sister.
- I finished the book, How She Does It by Anne Bogel, and it really made me think about what I want my work life to be like once we have kids. Great, quick read if you want to think about non-traditional ways to structure your career and schedule while being a parent.
Have a great Monday!