Happy Monday! Welcome to my Scenes From the Week series. In these quick posts, I share the highlights from my previous week ranging from the simple, everyday things to the more memorable events.
(1) Wednesday we went on a dinner and coffee double date with my sister and her boyfriend. It’s always an evening well-spent with those two!
(2) I’ve heard of New Orleans snow balls before, but when we walked past this stand after dinner Friday night, I had to try it out for myself! We loved them! They are very similar to snow cones but the ice somehow has a creamier texture.
(3) We took a Saturday morning hike on the Greenbelt here in Austin. It was a beautiful morning to be outdoors! We’ve decided that next time we will wear our swimsuits because there are so many swimming holes along the trail with beautiful, clear water. One of them even had rope swings!
(4) Lots and lots of restaurants and fun places have been opening up across the street from our apartment lately including a new coffee shop called Caffe Medici. Great latte art and great coffee!
- We tried out a great new Italian place on South Congress Friday night (Botticelli’s). We will be back!
- On Saturday we went to see the new Jurassic Park movie. I really liked most of it. I appreciated how they pulled in pieces of the original movies into this one, and I thought the acting was great.
- Sunday morning I woke up to an intense thunderstorm. I don’t find many other things quite as relaxing as waking up to a storm on a day where I can just fall right back asleep to the sound of the rain and thunder.
Happy Monday! Have a great week!